February 8, 2021 – Toronto, ON. The Association of Consulting Engineering Companies – Ontario (ACEC-Ontario) is pleased to announce the 2021 panel of judges for the Ontario Engineering Project Awards (OEPA).
The current landscape will not stop ACEC-Ontario from celebrating the accomplishments of our member firms. This year ACEC-Ontario will be hosting the awards gala virtually, the entire process this year has been converted to a digital one – including the work of volunteers, our esteemed judges.
This panel of judges have once again joined ACEC-Ontario, volunteering their time and expertise to sort through submissions of cutting-edge projects that make a difference to our society. These hard decisions will be made by a group of professionals with varying backgrounds. The judges include:
- Calvin Brook, MCIP, RPP, FRAIC, OAA, MAA, SAA – Principal, Brook McIlroy – Architecture/Landscape Architecture/Urban Design & Planning/Indigenous Design Studio
- Alexander (Sandy) Brown, P.Eng. – Consultant
- Ken Browne, C.E.T. – Traffic Operations Technologist III | Public Works, City of Brampton
- John Dawson- President | Founder, GEN-PRO
- Tibor Turi, P.Eng., Ph.D. – Executive Director of SOSCIP Consortium
- John F. Thompson, P.Eng., CMM III IP, PMP – Past President, Municipal Engineers Association | Retired Director of Environmental Services, City of Barrie
To view the judges portrait and bios click here.
Join us on May 20, 2021 when ACEC-Ontario recognizes our members for the value of their contributions to the social, environmental, and economic welfare of Ontario. The OEPA, formerly the OCEA, was created to recognize the dedication and the innovation advancements of their member firms within the industry.
Founded in 1975, the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies – Ontario (ACEC-Ontario) is a not-for-profit industry advocacy association representing approximately 130 consulting engineering firms that collectively employ 21,000 people across the province.
ACEC-Ontario advocates for a business and regulatory climate that enables our members to provide the highest level of services and best possible value to their clients. ACEC-Ontario promotes the important contribution that consulting engineering makes to the social, economic and environmental quality of life in Ontario and around the globe.
Director, Marketing and Communications
Association of Consulting Engineering Companies | Ontario
10 Four Seasons Place, Suite 405 Toronto, ON M9B 6H7
416.620.1400 C: 416-276-6670