About the Finance and Audit Committee
This committee consists of the Treasurer and at least two (2) but no more than four (4) additional committee members appointed by the Board from among the Directors or employees of the Firm Members.
Open Vacancies: There are no vacancies at this time. Please look for any vacancies posted on ACEC-Ontario’s eGlance Newsletter.
The duties of the Committee are:
- To review the auditor’s plan to review the system of internal controls and to receive a report from the auditor on the results of such review;
- To review the annual financial statements of the Corporation, together with the auditor’s report thereon, and to discuss those financial statements and the auditor’s report with the Treasurer and the auditor; and
- To make recommendations to the Board with respect to the financial statements of the Corporation and the fees, if any, paid for audit services; and
- To perform such other duties as may be determined by the Board from time to time.
The Treasurer of the Board is the Chair of the FAC, unless another committee member is appointed by the Board to be Chair.
1. Enhance your current financial management knowledge, or build a foundation for new learners.
2. Experience liaising with a Board of Directors and Financial Auditor.
3. Network and strengthen relationships with other existing ACEC-Ontario Member firms and their employees.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
1. Some practical expertise in financial matters, particularly with non-profits.
2. Knowledge of ACEC-Ontario’s structure, strategic plan and resources.
3. Candidates without financial expertise must be open to continuous learning in their role.
4. Key Candidate Qualities: integrity, independence, dedication, effort, and competence.
5. Must ensure and maintain confidentiality.
6. Only employees of ACEC-Ontario member firms are eligible to participate. Candidates must have their firm’s permission to participate.
ASSET: Accounting and/or financial analyst background
Length of Appointment:
2 Year Term.
Attendance at approximately 6 meetings per year, 2 hours in length.
Meetings are held during regular business hours [8AM-5PM weekdays].