Recruitment is now closed for our 2023-2024 Board of Directors.
Stay tuned for 2024-2025 recruitment process.
The Board of Directors is responsible for steering the association to successfully address member needs and industry issues. You would be joining the association at a pivotal moment as the association, you will be entering during the first year of ACEC-Ontario’s 2023-2026 strategic plan and the transition to Ontario Not for Profit Corporations Act (ONCA) legislation.
• Wednesday March 1st, 2023 – Candidate Recruitment Opens
• Wednesday May 10th, 2023 – Candidate Recruitment Closes
For details on position qualifications, expectations and our 2023 election timeline, please review our 2023 Board Recruitment Package.
To apply to this opportunity, complete and submit our Board Candidate Application.
All interested candidates are welcomed and encouraged to apply. In
particular, we are seeking candidates:
- Who are employed by a member company that employs less than 100 people in Ontario
- With historically underrepresented identities
- Who hold a license or designation outside of engineering (legal, human resources, financial, etc.)
- Individuals in management level positions with demonstrated excellence in leadership
“There are both personal, corporate and industry benefits to being a Board member for ACEC-Ontario. On the personal side I have been able to develop my network, make friends and participate in something important that is not part of my day-to-day job. I have also learned skills in facilitation and developed a better understanding of governance, strategy and financial management for non-profit organizations. I appreciate having the opportunity to provide input to, influence and possibly shape the consulting industry. Membership on the ACEC-Ontario Board has also allowed me to meet with and develop relationships with senior leaders of our client organizations, and members of government, that I would otherwise not have been able to.”Karen Freund, Jacobs, Chair, ACEC-Ontario 2023