February 26, 2024 at 8:00 am – March 1, 2024 at 1:00 pm
Registrations are now open! Registration closes January 25th, 2024.
Dates: February 26 – March 1, 2024
Duration: 5 days
Timings: Mon-Thurs 8 am to 5 pm ET & Fri 8 am – 1 PM ET
Location: Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East (600 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON)
Member- Firm Pricing: $1985+HST
Non-member Firm Pricing: $2260+HST
Please note, there are two separate events per MTO course as Member Pricing and Non-Member pricing.
If you are an ACEC- Ontario Member:
- If you are staff of a member company, please login to our website and open the member pricing. Click here to open member HCI ticket.
- If you are a member of ACEC-Ontario and cannot log on to the website, or contact us at email@example.com to set up your account.
- If you are unsure if your consulting engineering firm is a member you can search the directory here.
- Independent Contractors : you will need an ACEC-Ontario member firm to register on your behalf to receive this pricing. ACEC-Ontario member firms must log-in to the website in order to receive member pricing. Refunds/adjustments will not be given for the pricing difference after registration, to receive member firm pricing you will need to provide this information ahead of time.
- Please note, If a member purchases a non-member-ticket and requires a refund, only the difference minus the fees associated from payment processing will be refunded, a fee up-to $100 CAD.
About Highway Construction Inspection:
This course is intended for personnel at the junior inspector level, with 1-2 years of field experience, who want to advance to the senior inspector level or for contract administration personnel who wish to enhance their understanding of the contract inspection and administration process. Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) construction personnel with responsibilities for consultant assignments will also benefit from this course. With appropriate field experience, this course is approved to meet part of the criteria of the MTO/OACETT Road Construction Senior Inspector (RCSI) designation. This course is a prerequisite for Contract Administration course.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- OHSA – Site Safety and the Constructor Issue
- Pre-Construction Activities
- Traffic Control and Construction Signing
- Construction Survey
- Grading, Drainage and Granular Inspection
- Documentation and Diary Keeping
- Hot Mix Paving Inspection
- Payment Verification
- Concrete and Structural Inspection
- Contractor QC – QVE
- Post Construction Activities
- Construction Administration and Inspection Task Manual
See more details about all MTO courses here.
If you intend to complete your OACETT Designation then the Highway Construction Inspection (HCI) course is a pre-requisite prior to taking this CA course. See more details about all MTO courses here.
Updated Exam Policy:
Upon successful completion of the final exam, participants will be issued a certificate. Final exam is open book and participants will need a 70% to pass. If participants do not obtain a 70%, they will be eligible for one rewrite exam. The fee to rewrite an exam is $500 + HST*. Exam rewrite will be virtual, and the dates will be posted when registration opens for the course.
“Mini quizzes” will be administered daily, these quizzes are a useful tool to help participants prepare for the final exam. These daily quizzes do not count toward the participants final exam or mark. The mini quizzes will also be handed to the instructors each day so they can determine if participants are grasping the content and are prepared for the exam.
*Rewrite fee covers the cost of the instructor to proctor and mark exam.
- Courses must be paid for in full. Failure to submit payment will result in the registration being cancelled, as waiting lists are maintained.
- Cancellations received in writing more than 10 business days prior to the start of the course will be assessed a $100.00 cancellation fee (per person, per course). Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org of cancellations.
- Cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the start of the course are non-refundable. Refunds will not be given if the registrant fails to attend any part of the course.
- Qualified substitutions are allowed within the same course and date without incurring a cancellation fee. Please notify email@example.com of substitution notice prior to the start of the course.