Registration opens October 2023.
About Contract Administration
This course will prepare consulting engineering personnel for the role of Contract Administrator and is also intended for MTO personnel with responsibilities for consultant assignments. With appropriate field experience, this course is approved to meet part of the criteria of the MTO/OACETT Road Construction Contract Administrator (RCCA) designation. Participants are eligible for 10 OACETT points upon successful completion of the course.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Payment Verification and Contract Changes
- Pre-Construction Activities
- Contractor QC – QVE
- The Constructor Issue
- Hot Mix Paving
- Construction Signing and Traffic Control
- Concrete and Structures
- Contract Types and Duration
- Substantial Performance and Completion
- Post Construction Activities
If you intend to complete your OACETT Designation then the Highway Construction Inspection (HCI) course is a pre-requisite prior to taking this CA course. See more details about all MTO courses here.
January 15-19, 2024 – This is a 5 day course.
2024 Pricing –
ACEC-Ontario member firm pricing: $TBD+HST
Non-member firm pricing: $TBD+HST
If you are unsure if your consulting engineering firm is a member you can search the directory here.
ACEC-Ontario member firms will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering to a private ticket code. You will need that code to access the member firm price. Once you have entered the code you will be able to purchase as many tickets as needed.
- Anyone signing up for more than one course will need to obtain the code for each course.
- **Independent Contractors – you will need an ACEC-Ontario member firm to verify your status to receive this pricing. ACEC-Ontario member firms can email email@example.com with your name and email address and you will be sent the registration code.
- Refunds/adjustments will not be given for the pricing difference after registration, to receive member firm pricing you will need to provide this information ahead of time.
Updated Exam Policy
Upon successful completion of the final exam, participants will be issued a certificate. Final exam is open book and participants will need a 70% to pass. If participants do not obtain a 70%, they will be eligible for one rewrite exam. The fee to rewrite an exam is $500 + HST*. Exam rewrite will be virtual, and the dates will be posted when registration opens for the course.
“Mini quizzes” will be administered daily, these quizzes are a useful tool to help participants prepare for the final exam. These daily quizzes do not count toward the participants final exam or mark. The mini quizzes will also be handed to the instructors each day so they can determine if participants are grasping the content and are prepared for the exam.
*Rewrite fee covers the cost of the instructor to proctor and mark exam.
- Courses must be paid in full. Failure to submit payment will result in the registration being cancelled, as waiting lists are maintained.
- Cancellations received in writing, more than 10 business days prior to the start of the course will be assessed a $100.00 cancellation fee (per person, per course). Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org of cancellations.
- Cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the start of the course are non-refundable. Refunds will not be given if the registrant fails to attend any part of the course.
- Qualified substitutions are allowed within the same course and date without incurring a cancellation fee. Please notify email@example.com of substitution notice prior to the start of the course.