ACEC-Ontario is reliant on the work of member volunteers to progress in its strategic objectives. Without volunteers, the work of the association would not be possible. The ACEC-Ontario Volunteer Awards recognizes and celebrates the individuals who work to support the association’s strategic mission and demonstrate the value of the engineering community through volunteering. This program serves to highlight the exemplary work ethic, values and contributions that ACEC-Ontario encourages all volunteers to strive to achieve. The awards program provides volunteers with a respectable professional achievement to formally mark their efforts, and it provides member companies with an opportunity to proudly recognize the efforts of their employees as leaders in the consulting engineering industry. Download the nomination form here.
Each winner will be recognized with an award at the 2022 ACEC-Ontario Annual General Meeting. Winners will also be compensated for travel expenses and ticket fees for the Engineering Means Business Forum. Both the AGM and Engineering Means Business Forum are held on the same date and location – Tuesday September 13th, 2022, at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, ON. Winners will be notified in advance of the event to properly compensate expenses.
Wednesday, June 1, 2022 – nominations period opens
Friday, July 8, 2022 – nominations period closes
Monday, August 8, 2022 – Friday, August 12, 2022 – winners notified
Tuesday, September 13, 2022 – Engineering Means Business Forum, AGM & Volunteer Awards Program
|AWARD NAME||AWARD THEME||DESCRIPTION||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
|Emerging Leader Award||Young professional, emerging leaders and building community||Recognizes one ACEC-Ontario young professional volunteer who, within the first five years of volunteering with ACEC-Ontario, has demonstrated remarkable promise as a future leader and community-builder in the consulting engineering sector.||– Current ACEC-Ontario volunteer.|
– Must be a Young Professional at the time of nomination (40 years of age or less).
– Must have been volunteering with ACEC-Ontario for no more than 5 years.
|Pinnacle Award||Excellence in leadership, fostering engagement||Recognizes one ACEC-Ontario volunteer for their exceptional leadership in their volunteer role at ACEC-Ontario.||– Current ACEC-Ontario volunteer. |
– Eligible nominees must be one of the following: an Officer or Director on ACEC-Ontario’s Board of Directors, a Committee or Network Chair or Co-Chair, a member of an ACEC-Ontario Chapter Executive.
|ACEC-Ontario Chair’s Award||Volunteer impact||To a deserving ACEC-Ontario member volunteer who has made a significant contribution to the association over the course of the ACEC-Ontario outgoing Board of Director Chair’s term as Chair and/or Chair-Elect. |
The winner is selected by the outgoing Chair of the ACEC-Ontario Board of Directors.
|– Current, or previous, ACEC-Ontario volunteer.|
-Volunteer activities must have occurred during the time which the outgoing Chair has served the association as either Chair or Chair-Elect.
– ACEC-Ontario volunteers employed by the outgoing ACEC-Ontario Chair’s firm are ineligible.
– All nominees are eligible for the Chair’s Award by virtue of being nominated for the Pinnacle, Emerging Leader, or Distinguished Service Award, providing they do not work for the outgoing Chair’s firm.
– All ACEC-Ontario volunteers during the outgoing Chair’s term are eligible, regardless of whether they have been nominated for another award, providing they do not work for the outgoing Chair’s firm.
|Distinguished Service Award||Longstanding commitment & sustained impact.||Recognizing an individual who has made distinguished and enduring contributions to the association for 10+ years.||– Current, or previous, ACEC-Ontario volunteer.|
– Eligible candidates must have acted in a volunteer capacity with ACEC-Ontario for 10 years.
– Volunteer engagement activities do not have to be conducted for 10 consecutive years.
– Individuals who have taken a leave of absence (for any reason) but have volunteered for a total of 10 combined years are eligible.