About the ACEC-Canada Young Professionals Network
The ACEC-YPN is a network of YP groups located across Canada. The first provincial ACEC YP group was established in Alberta in 2005, since that time YP groups in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and New Brunswick emerged and thrived. Newer YP groups in the Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and PEI have now been established and continue to grow.
The YPN will unite and strengthen the YP network across Canada by promoting best practices and leadership while also creating a network of cross-disciplined and diverse engineers who will be the future leaders of the Canadian consulting engineering industry.
- To promote a better understanding of the function, role and business of ACEC Member Organizations.
- To understand, promote and grow relationships between clients and consultants.
- To create a cross discipline network of young professionals within the engineering consulting industry.
- To promote mentoring opportunities.
- To interact with similar YP organizations within other industries to help promote consulting engineering, exchange ideas, and identify mutually beneficial opportunities.
- To advocate on behalf of YPs to promote their interests within the consulting engineering industry.
- To increase awareness of ACEC Member Organizations and consulting engineering to stakeholders and the general public.
- To support a dynamic working environment.
- To promote involvement in various ACEC Member Organization committees and at events.
- Act as a representative of ACEC-Ontario on the ACEC-Canada Pan-Canada YP Network
- Attend quarterly virtual meetings to review and work towards the objectives described above
- Positively shape the way ACEC-Ontario members and volunteers engage with and find value in their membership as it relates to ACEC-Canada and young professionals.
- Network and strengthen relationships with other existing ACEC-Canada Member firms and their employees.
- Eligible to receive recognition and benefits granted to ACEC-Ontario volunteers
- Opportunity to advocate for and advance the interests of Young Professionals in Ontario with ACEC-Canada
- Must be a young professional (have 10 or less years of experience in the industry)
- Must be employed by an ACEC-Ontario member company
- Must be located within the province of Ontario
- Must be able to commit to quarterly meetings and other Network initiatives as required
- Must be able to commit to a minimum 1 year term
- Currently recruiting to fill 1 vacancy