2023 courses are now complete. 2024 registration dates will be posted in the fall of 2023. The course will take place some time between January – February 2024.
About Highway Construction Inspection
This course is intended for personnel at the junior inspector level, with 1-2 years of field experience, who want to advance to the senior inspector level or for contract administration personnel who wish to enhance their understanding of the contract inspection and administration process. Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) construction personnel with responsibilities for consultant assignments will also benefit from this course. With appropriate field experience, this course is approved to meet part of the criteria of the MTO/OACETT Road Construction Senior Inspector (RCSI) designation. This course is a prerequisite for Contract Administration course.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- OHSA – Site Safety and the Constructor Issue
- Pre-Construction Activities
- Traffic Control and Construction Signing
- Construction Survey
- Grading, Drainage and Granular Inspection
- Documentation and Diary Keeping
- Hot Mix Paving Inspection
- Payment Verification
- Concrete and Structural Inspection
- Contractor QC – QVE
- Post Construction Activities
- Construction Administration and Inspection Task Manual
See more details about all MTO courses here.
If you are unsure if your consulting engineering firm is a member you can search the directory here.
- Anyone signing up for more than one course will need to obtain the code for each course.
- **Independent Contractors – you will need an ACEC-Ontario member firm to verify your status to receive this pricing. ACEC-Ontario member firms can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address and you will be sent the registration code.
- Refunds/adjustments will not be given for the pricing difference after registration, to receive member firm pricing you will need to provide this information ahead of time.
Updated Exam Policy
Upon successful completion of the final exam, participants will be issued a certificate. Final exam is open book and participants will need a 70% to pass. If participants do not obtain a 70%, they will be eligible for one rewrite exam. The fee to rewrite an exam is $500 + HST*. Exam rewrite will be virtual, and the dates will be posted when registration opens for the course.
“Mini quizzes” will be administered daily, these quizzes are a useful tool to help participants prepare for the final exam. These daily quizzes do not count toward the participants final exam or mark. The mini quizzes will also be handed to the instructors each day so they can determine if participants are grasping the content and are prepared for the exam.
*Rewrite fee covers the cost of the instructor to proctor and mark exam.
- Courses must be paid in full. Failure to submit payment will result in the registration being cancelled, as waiting lists are maintained.
- Cancellations received in writing, more than 10 business days prior to the start of the course will be assessed a $100.00 cancellation fee (per person, per course). Please notify Lauryn Weinberger (email@example.com) of cancellations.
- Cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the start of the course are non-refundable. Refunds will not be given if the registrant fails to attend any part of the course.
- Qualified substitutions are allowed within the same course and date without incurring a cancellation fee. Please notify Lauryn Weinberger (firstname.lastname@example.org) of substitution notice prior to the start of the course.